Thursday 17 February 2011

She's Got To Have It!

After a request from my friend, I have decided to write my own guide to what I think the best wardrobe staples are...they are quite obvious, and will (hopefully) last through the trends.  I like to think that wardrobe staples are classic and neutral, and that the seasons best new ideas are better interpreted through accessorise, or a piece here and there.  I realise that pretty much everything picture is black, but I think its just easier to start with a black base and then change colour as you go along.

Top
Black & White scoop neck T-shirts and Breton Striped tops
Topshop and French Connection are always good for classic T-shirts, and T by Alexander Wang if you want to spend a bit more.
(I have about 7 black and white t-shirts, and about 4 breton striped tops)

Tailored Shirts
M&S do good classic shirts, but sometimes they can be a bit like something your nan would wear...
(I have about 5 different types of shirt and blouse)


Chunky Knit

Topshop is again my go-to for knit wear, although both of these are from Alexander Wang ( my fave)
(Too many cardigans to list)

Fine Knit


Bottom
Skinny Jeans (blue for casual, black for smart) J Brand do really gorgeous jeans but they are expensive, I think the next best are from Topshop, especially as they come in a longer length.
(several pairs of jeans, skinny, bootcut, flared, cropped)


Tailored Trousers
(fitted & wide leg)


Dresses

T-shirt Dresses and Tea Dresses can be dressed up with heels and a blazer or dressed down with ballet flats and a cardigan.
(Am obsesed with T-shirt dresses and tea dresses)


Footwear
Ballet Flats


Ankle Boots


Knee Boots

Classic heels

I think that shoes are a good choice for updating an outfit each season - hence my numerous pairs of shoes and relatively compact wardrobe.


Outerwear
Wool Winter coat
(I seem to have a collection of different coats, jackets and capes)
Classic Rain Coat

Blazer (casual and dressy)
(4 Blazers, black, velvet, tweed and striped - one for all occasions)
What do you think? Although they look plain, accessorising with jewellery, shoes and bags are always the best way to update your wardrobe...

1 comment:

  1. I admire people who can make such a list. It's a level where I don't think I will ever come to.. my wardrobe is in total terrible mess.
    I just want to have it all.. and many. So I end up with tons of clothes that don't much.. story of my life))

    ReplyDelete