Tuesday 1 March 2011

Oh La La

Hurrah of the Week
This week, my friends and I have decided that we shall be going to Paris for a long weekend for one of their birthdays.  I am SO excited as I have never been to Paris before, I only went to France for the first time last year!  I can feel my stomach already yearning for French wines, cheeses, cakes and breads (sorry weight watchers but you will be put on hold for that weekend!)

I have warned Lindsey Bryn and Mike that I would like to do the touristy things of seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triomph, Notre Dame, the shops, etc....I have rose tinted visions of us all sat in a Cafe, smoking Gauloise cigarettes and drinking heady red wine - bliss.


Also today I tried on a gold brocade skirt that I bought before Christmas that I was too fat to wear, and today it fit perfectly.  I think I may have told everyone that I work with today too.

Shopping Dreams of the Week

The iPad 2...to be announced tomorrow - I can't wait now as I have decided after thinking about it since iPad 1 that I will get one.  After asking around people have said to definitely wait for the 2nd one to be launched as it will have a faster processor and other goodies that aren't on the original one. (I'm not very good with technology other than what I "need" to know for work)


Watching

In homage to my Paris trip I have been watching a lot of French films (well...3) so far I have watched Amelie, my favourite film ever I think, I loved you so Long, with Kristen Scott Thomas - brilliant, and Coco Before Chanel, very very good.  Has it improved my French? Non. Especially as Bryn pointed out that I was writing Oui with a Q...god knows why I thought it was spelt with a Q.


Listening to

Adele - 21

Such a beautiful album, I am a bit in love with the some Someone Like You, although it makes me feel sad.

Reading

Almost French (in keeping with my Francophile theme) by Sarah Turnbull


Only started in today, but its a good read so far.  Its a true story of Sarah moving to France to live with a French man who she met and fell in love with while travelling, her rose tinted glasses are soon replaced with harsh reality.


Tumblr...


I think I may have a new addiction with Tumblr, I started following some people on there and then decided to give it a go myself...I find it frustrating though that I can't get a Tumblr app on my blackberry, I have one on my iPod touch, but alas that doesn't have a camera!

I liked mainly that I was able to follow Net-a-Porter through the fashion weeks that have been happening in the last month, New York, London and Milan (still got Paris to go)

Mainly my tumblr/twitter/blog stalking has been around Anna Dello Russo...I love her!!  I am also very jealous that she seems to have the entire Prada SS11 collection, I noticed that she has the stoles in several colours.







2 comments:

  1. You will love it! Paris is incredible. Have fun there!
    Speaking of french movies, I watched "Tout pour plaire" 2 days ago, and liked it a lot! It's about 3 women, a bit Sex and the City-ish idea, but more french)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to leave you a message even though it's been a while since this post.
    I love Amelie, Audrey Tautou is my favorite actor. The movies Happenstance and Priceless are good too, if you haven't already seen them.

    ReplyDelete