Sunday 20 March 2011

Missing in Action

Things have been pretty quite from me for the last couple of weeks.  I've been swallowed by a depression of weight gain :( Sadly to say that although I lost a further 3lbs at Weight Watchers, I then put half a pound back on.  It still brings my total to 10lbs, which is great.  Especially as I tried on a pair of trousers in French Connection today that were too big in my usual size...YEY!!

So then for a quick recap of my activities for the last 2 weeks, Bonus has landed, iPad 2 waiting game is on (roll on the 25th March), not spending money as am going to London again in 2 weeks (apart from a really gorgeous top from French Connection).  I even ignored the free shipping email from net-a-porter, even though several items had sneaked their way into my shopping basket...Bad Sophie.  Had a Work team building day at the zoo...my team won the treasure hunt at the end (Yey) but sacrificed time to look at the animals as we were in the zone of quiz winning (boo).  I did get a nice monkey pencil though






Obsessions
I have decided to also become a domestic goddess, been reading my River Cottage books (I can become quite obsessed) and also my Sophie Dahl cookery book...The only problem with these is that they go totally against the Pro Points Plan of weight watchers.  So anything from these books can only be a once a week treat, unless I change the ingredients to lighter options (um where's the fun in that?!) Although Veg and Fruit is nil points.  Today's dinner is Chicken in Cider Casserole curtosey of the River Cottage Every Day book,  I have also previously made the Eton Mess - my favourite dessert after Cheesecake.  Next time I make it, I am going to use Greek yogurt instead of double cream and freeze it, should be amazing.

As part of my "Become a Domestic Goddess" life,  I have decided to start growing things...This may prove to be a total failure as I pretty much kill everything plant related. The Aloe Vera on my windowsill in work is thriving but I think thats more because I forget about it and let it do its own thing rather than fuss with it a lot.  Today I bought a grow your own pumpking kit from Sainsburys; in my head I will have County Fair size pumpkins, reality will be when they done even get shoots.



House Hunting
House Hunting has been well and truly underway this week.  Had 2 viewings yesterday, one was lovely but far too big for little ole me, the other was awful, hadn't been decorated since the 50s and smelt weird and the bathroom was the cupboard under the stairs, I would have had to crouch to have a shower! Just plain awful.  So its back to trawling through Right Move untill a good one comes along.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back to blogging)
    Uhm I had to ignore that free shipping email as well( well, hopefully it'll better next time.
    Good luck with house hunting! It took me a while as well to find the right house..
    And have a great week!

    xx
    Tali

    ReplyDelete