Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas Party Excitement!

Tonight is the night of my works Christmas party, I wasn't looking forward to it at all untill the purchase of the most divine dress ever on Thursday.

Most of the girls in my office will be opting for something micro mini and covered in sequins, I however have gone for a black floor length  Carla Crepe French Connection dress - its a classic and I cannot wait
to wear it.  Also thanks to the lovely magazine that is Grazia I got 20% off! When I say "I" who I really mean is my Mum, it was a lovely Christmas treat from her :)

 



















I am thinking of teaming it with my Louboutin slingbacks and a long string of pearls.  Underneath the dress are the remarkable Spanx, for all formal events they are a lifesaver, no unsightly wobbly bits - genius.

Christmas List


I have been thinking a lot about what I would like for Christmas (if money were no object of course) and I would really love a Mulberry Alexa bag, my mum just laughed when I asked her (the £875 price tag kind of puts you off a bit) and my dad didn't even know what one was.  I'll let him off, he does live in the coutry and exists in a life of tweed, barbours and flat caps.

If the Alexa doesn't appear under the tree, and I strongly suspect that it won't its been added to the list of contenders for my bonus next year.

There are 4 contenders to the (prospect) bounty.

1. iPad
2. Mulberry Alexa
3. Put towards my Big Australian Adventure
4. Put into savings

Listening To

In the last week I have really been listening to Adele's album 19, I had forgotten how much I love it, can't wait for her new album 21 next year. 

Also been listening to Kings of Leon in preparation for their gig in Birmingham on the 16th December.  I must admit that although I am a massive KOL fan, I have not really liked the last 2 albums that they released, I am definately more of a fan of their old stuff.  Aha Shake Heartbreak is a blinder of an album.  More of the old stuff please KOL!!



Reading

Have just finished reading a brilliant book called "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey, what an eye opener.  Its a memoir written by Frey about his time in rehab at 23 for being an alcoholic and crack addict.  Its not the usual type of stuff I read but I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Laughing At

For some reason I saw a clip of an old Sooty and Sweep show yesterday and laughed my self silly over it, my friend Jenny showed it me as she thinks its one of the funniest things she has ever seen....Sweep is by far the funniest one, when he falls asleep in his cereal is hiliarious...we definatly had that Friday feeling in work


No comments:

Post a Comment