Saturday 19 February 2011

Famous Stars and Stripes

Stars and stripes have been favourites of mine for a long time...I have 3 stars tattooed on my wrist and a star and Maori tattoo on my foot (that I had done in New Zealand I might add so its totally authentic and original). 



I love the clean look of stripes and have been championing striped clothing forever.  I have noticed that stripes are being added to more collections this season, most vividly seen at Prada Spring 2011 RTW with the gorgeous jewel colours clothes and accessorise.








More within my price range is this dress from Sonia by Sonia Rykiel.  I think its really lovely for both work and casual, I especially like the contrasting spotty collar. I would probably wear it belted in to give it a bit more shape for my curves. This dress is available from Net-A-Porter and from Selfridges.  I think it would go well with ballet flats or wedges, or even toughen it up with tights and boots...don't wear the tights too sheer though otherwise it will cheapen the dress.


This pencil skirt from Topshop is also tugging on my purse strings, I think with a white shirt, or even a T-shirt tucked in, with heels, this would rock...Definitely Prada for the Highstreet.




In other news....

I have been looking forward to the release of Radiohead's new album King of Limbs, it was released a day early, yesterday.  I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole album properly yet, but I like Lotus Flower and have seen the video for it which showcases Thom Yorke busting some great dance moves.




No comments:

Post a Comment