Saturday 12 February 2011

London Calling

So yesterday I got the train all the way to London with my friend Jules...today my legs still ache and I am shattered!

Purchases included 2 tops and a skirt from Topshop and a jumper from Cos



no new shoes were bought - gutted! But I did enjoy the beauty of the Selfridges Shoe Gallery, comedy moment was when I first saw it and couldn't actually form words I was so excited. 



My favourite part of the day was going for a yummy dinner at Hix in Selfridges, its a Champagne Restaurant, and was the 3rd restaurant that Mark Hix opened in London.  They had a really good "shopper menu"; 2 courses and a Gin cocktail for £17.50 and the food was divine.

Available Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 7pm
(8pm on Thursday's and Friday's)

£17.50
2 courses and a glass of gin punch
 
Truffled Jerusalem artichoke soup

Whipped beets with goat’s curd, hazelnuts and grilled flatbread

Avocado on toast with Portland crab and chilli

Steak tartare

~

Winter squash & sage risotto

Fish fingers with chips & mushy peas

Smoked haddock with colcannon, poached egg
and grain mustard

Chicken Kiev with Russian salad

~
Bergamot posset

Steamed treacle sponge pudding with custard

Russet apple pie

Welsh rabbit fondue
 I had the crab and avocado to start, followed by fish fingers and chips which was actually the best fillets of fish on a bead of mushed garden peas with a small cup of chips...AMAZING! Julia had the steak tartare to start (I tried a bit and was impressed, it was lovely) followed by the haddock.  Best. Lunch. Ever.


The worst moment was Abercrombie and Fitch...I will never ever ever go in that shop ever again.  The lighting, layout and too loud music made shopping there a total nightmare.  The place was totally packed and really hot. I have never been in such horrible shopping environment.

There was a close call on Bond Street with a Mulberry Tillie bag that very nearly got put on my credit card, but I resisted.  I could feel myself getting the shopping sweats (which is never a good sign) and had to leave the shop...One day it will be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment