Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

Its been a while since my last post but I have been incredibly lazy over the festive period.  Am now back, albeit with a chronic cold. 

Had an amazing Christmas Day and Boxing Day with my family (Mums house Christmas day, Dads house on Boxing day) and got thoroughly spoilt.  Should it be any other way?

What I Got

My Mum, bought my some lovely boots from Next that I had spied weeks early and hadn't bought for myself as I was feeling frugal (for a change), my French Connection party dress, that I wrote about in a previous post, a very snugly Jack Wills snood and Joules gilet and a very fun Mensa Calendar (I do love a good Mensa brain game).  She also got me a new subscription to Vogue and some really nice Benefit Make up.    As well as money and other lovely bits and pieces. We are going for a Mother Daughter shop in the next couple of weeks too eek.  I AM SPOILT!!

My Grandparents got me an AMAZING Michael Kors watch in Rose gold - I love it!! But am too worried to wear it all the time in case I scratch it, I still have all the plastic seals on it....In also fairness I did pick it out myself so I wasn't surprised but I was so pleased that I finally had it in my hands.

My dad and step mum got me some furry boot liners for my Dubarry boots - a must for country walks.  As well as some perfume and other bits and bobs...I did get pre-warned my by stepmum that he had picked all the presents himself and wrapped them so she had no idea what they were and if they were rubbish she would find the receipts to take them back - bless! They were lovely though :)

My stepsister and her partner and daughters got me some lovely Links of London Star Earrings which are so nice - I have worn them pretty much everyday since I got them...they compliment the "S" necklace they gave me last year.

What I Gave

Once again, I outdid myself on my present buying skills....Complete Clarins set for the Mother in a lovely box, and an Elizabeth Arden 8hour cream set too.  A digital camera for my dad, (also a children's digital camera for my niece - she's 4) Joules bathroom set for my stepmum, and also for my stepbrothers wife. The stepbrother got a chainsaw sharpening kit (its what he asked for). My stepsister got a new handbag and the river cottage family cookbook.  Her partner got some CDs and their youngest daughter got some grey velvet booties from The White Company....a successfully hoard all round.

Sales Shopping

I didn't do any sale shopping which at the time I was proud of but now I am regretting, I did a major wardrobe clear out and have NOTHING to wear now.

New Years Eve

New Years Eve I always find to be a total let down if I go out - its too expensive and I refuse to pay to get into a pub, its too crowded so you can never get to the bar to get a drink, and there are more drunken idiots about than normal.  This year I stayed in with my friends and we had a lovely curry and drank lots and watched Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, then we watched Jools Holland's Hogmannay and finally set of some Chinese Lanterns before retiring to bed at 1am....the perfect way to bring in the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment